Why Most Seniors Prefer Home Care
Many of us would prefer to be in our own homes during our senior years. Home is place of feeling secure. Most seniors will choose to stay in their homes as long as possible. They may need some care or assistance and home care workers make that a viable choice. Everything to housekeeping, meal, medication oversight and skilled nursing can be done at your home. Below are some reasons why seniors select home care:
- Having Loved Ones Around: Some facilities and hospitals have visiting hours that may restrict family and friends coming. At home, you can do as you please and plan visits whenever.
- Being Independent: Seniors fear that they will lose their independence. The feeling of empowerment is crucial element in senior care plans.
- Faster Recovery Time: Physical and occupational therapy is better at home since the goal is to get the senior able to function safety in their own environment.
- Familiarity: Everyone does better when they are surrounded by familiar items such as pictures, furniture, and their own bed.
- Morale: Being home allows your loved one to feel supported and safe, which improves their overall health.
- Participation in Treatment: Being in the home, allows the family to be engaged in the care plan.
- Money: Care at home is significantly lower. Lower costs can mean lower stress on both the patient and family.
For more information on the benefits of home care, please call: 1-800-WRC-9363