Before an individual needs short term rehab for seniors, they may consider home care services. Home health care is a type of service that is offered within your own home to help manage your household, improve your quality of life and avoid the need for placement in a long-term care community.
Home care describes the non-medical care provided by a home care aide to assist with activities of day-to-day living. These services can include:
- Help with personal care (such as bathing, dressing, and grooming)
- Meal preparation
- Reminders and assistance to take medication
- Shopping and errands
- Housekeeping (vacuuming, dusting, mopping, cleaning bathroom, etc.)
- Socialization and companionship
- Emergency alert systems
- Household chores – mowing, shoveling, raking, heavy cleaning
Home care can vary from 2 hours a month to around-the-clock care, according to your needs. Home care may be paid for by long-term care insurance, veteran’s benefits or through assistance from the Area Agency on Aging, but is typically paid for out-of-pocket.
At WRC Senior Services, home care is provided by Home Solutions.