When it comes to an emergency situation, you can never be too prepared. Luckily, Judie Wohnsiedler of Servpro stopped by to give North Fork residents an informative presentation on preparing for any weather emergency, such as a flood, fire, tornado, electrical outage, or snowstorm.
During Wohnsiedler’s presentation, she covered a number of important points we should all be aware of, including:
- Evacuation plans and the importance of fire drills
- Preparing an emergency food supplies box, packed & ready to go to nourish you for 72 hours.
- Having a Contact List: physicians, and family member(s) names, phone number, and their addresses
- Reminder to include all medications, oxygen supply, incontinent supplies
- Pertinent legal documents: birth certificate, Will, ID card, bank & credit cards
- Keeping important and legal documents in a fireproof lockbox
- Change(s) of clothing, proper for the weather conditions
Additionally, an extensive list of agencies (local, state, and federal) was given to all in attendance.