This coming Sunday is Easter, consider keeping everyone moving before and after the holiday meal with some fun activities to keep them off the couch and enjoying the day together!
• Put on a playlist and get cleaning. Putting on some music and asking everyone to help with cleaning up after the meal can instantly change the mood in the room. Assigning everyone a task, like clearing plates, taking out the garbage, loading the dishwasher, or putting away leftovers, all while dancing around the house, can be a good way to get everyone moving.
• Play an outdoor game. Encourage everyone to go outside and play a game such as, Frisbee, tag, kickball, or any games that keep them moving.
• Plan a spring scavenger hunt. Planning a scavenger hunt around your yard can be a way to get your family moving.
• Take a post-meal walk. Go walking with the family after the meal. It gets you out of the house and helps your burn calories.
• Play inside, too. Instead of parking in front of the TV, play a game that gets them on their feet, like charades, Heads Up!, or Pictionary.
• Get crafty and creative. Buy some supplies to decorate plant pots, make beaded jewelry create thank-you notecards, or any other creative activity. Or dye some Easter eggs- hard boiled eggs make a healthy snack.
• Cook together. Create memories by cooking family handed down recipes. This creates a sense of togetherness.