McKinley Health Center is seeking caring and compassionate students that are currently enrolled in a Nursing Assistant program to join our team. Get a jump start on your career learning direct and indirect care including: role and function of a nursing assistant, personal care and basic nursing skills, restorative care, mental health and social service needs, understand and adhere to policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Answering call bells
- Passing refreshments and snacks to residents
- Distributing fresh linens and laundry
- Activities with residents such: painting finger nails, companionship, and reading to residents
- Transporting residents to and from dining area and activities
The Nursing Aide Trainee must:
- Possess certification in good standing with the State Nurse Aide Registry or show documentation indicating admission to the Nursing Assistant Program/Course.
- Have the ability to follow written and verbal instructions with additional training relative to the unit in which employed
- Work as a team player meeting resident needs