Home care describes the non-medical care provided by a home care aide to assist with activities of day-to-day living. Home care services can include:
- Help with personal care (such as bathing, dressing and grooming)
- Meal preparation
- Reminders and assistance to take medication
- Shopping and errands
- Housekeeping (vacuuming, dusting, mopping, cleaning bathroom, etc)
- Socialization and companionship
- Emergency alert systems
- Household chores – mowing, shoveling, raking, heavy cleaning
Home care can vary from 2 hours a month to around-the-clock care, according to your needs. Home care may be paid for by long term care insurance, veteran’s benefits or through assistance from the Area Agency on Aging, but is typically paid for out-of-pocket.
At WRC Senior Services, home care is provided by In Home Solutions.
For more information, please call 1-800-972-9363.